01. Em's at the Guinness Book of World Records for being the fastest selling hip-hop artist.
02. One of the Requirements to be signed to Shady Records is you have to battle Eminem
03. During the shooting of 8 Mile, Em would write lyrics for the soundtrack during breaks. When shooting resumes crew
members will have to pull the notepad from him in order to catch his attention and make him stop writing.
04. Em was bullied as a kid because he was small and was often mistaken as retarded. He would hum melodies to himself
not knowing it was loud enough to be heard by everybody. (He still does today. He also said that he is always writing and
that he cant stop writing because ideas keep flowin' in.)
05. Em is of Scottish and Welsh decent.
06. Em has been falsely reported dead by a car crash 4 times and a drug overdose once.
07. Eminem is the oldest member of D12 (b. 1972). Kon Artis is the youngest (b. 1978).
08. He is a Spiderman fan.
09. Em is a Baptist (just like his mom and the rest of her family). He's not religious though. Kim's the one who is Catholic.
She's also not religious.
10. Em wears glasses because he's near-sighted.
11. Em's a gadget freak.
12. Em's favorite porn star is Janet Jacme.
13. Kim and Em's term of endearment is "Stinky".
14. Despite what was written before, Em did not attempt suicide. He took pills to fight his depression and accidentally
OD'd. He was happy to wake up the next day.
15. The platinum bracelet and ring he usually wears both have "DAD" inscribed on them. Both are from Hailie.
16. Despite his chosen profession, Em is still a very quiet individual (much like his character Rabbit) which either surprises
or annoys the shit out of people.
17. Em used to have a problem with people staring at him.
18. Em thinks Robin Williams is brilliant and vice versa.
19. Em's all-time favorite movie is The Matrix.
20. Em thought Luis Resto was Michael Bolton when he first met him
21. Em had a crush on Madonna when he was 11
22. The first concert he ever went to is Run DMC, Big Daddy Kane and Queen Latifah in Detroit.
23. Em cuts his own hair
24. Em's fave dance song is Busta Rhymes's "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See".
25. Em and Dr. Dre's first choice for Stan is Macaulay Culkin. Macaulay was doing a play. Dre picked Devon Sawa because
he thought he looked like Em (Em made a video where he's the one portraying Stan, and Devon made a similar video. Dre almost
could not tell them apart.).
26. Lose Yourself may have topped the poll on songs that spurs ball players to victory but it also topped the poll on
songs most likely to lead to car crashes.
27. Elton John has dedicated his song Rocket Man to Em.
28. Em's high-profile movie debut should've been 'Training Day' with Denzel Washington and Ethan Hawke. He was to play
Denzel's drug dealer friend. 8 Mile came along so we all know how that ended. The other movie that he also considered was
'Lazarus' with DMX which is a part of 'The Crow' series in which he was also supposed to play the villain.
29. Shannon Elizabeth was Em's first choice to be the girl in 'Superman'.
30. Neil Tennant (Petshop Boys) has a crush on Em and wishes that the events in their song "The night I fell in love"
would happen to him.
31. Em and Hailie has a cat named Tigger.
32. For his 8 Mile role, Em dropped from 168 lbs (12 stone or 76.21kg) to 145 lbs (10.35 stone or 65.8kg).
33. Em wears size XXL clothes.
34. Marshall Jr. and Debbie were in a band called Daddy Warbucks. They played @ Ramada Inns along the Dakota-Montana border.
35. Em prefers Fords. His friends say that he doesn't like to drive though.
36. Em does not smoke.
37. Em has been rumored to be ghostwriting for LL (for his response to Canibus's diss), Dre (all songs in Chronic 2001.
and also the songs in the upcoming Detox), and 50 Cent (50 has admitted that Em made some changes to some of his lyrics to
make the song flow better).
38. Kim once worked at the Oasis Executive Spa, a massage parlor that was allegedly engaged in prostitution. Em was the
last to know that Kim worked there. Em found Kim's job too much to bear and was one of the reasons for one of their biggest
39. Em has adopted Dawn's (Kim's twin) daughter, Alaina.
40. When Dre first met Em, Em was wearing a bright yellow tracksuit which he got from a sponsor because he didn't have
the money to buy decent clothes. Dre thought he looked like a banana.
41. Gary Kozlowski was the guy who was with Em when he went spying on Kim at the Hot Rocks Bar. He was charged because
he tried to hide Em's gun when Em dropped it. Em and Gary became friends when they were in their teens. Gary appears on TES's
"The Kiss" skit.
42. Dre made Em change (in 'Love Me') the line "I'm the equivalent of what will happen if Suge rapped" to "I'm
the equivalent of what will happen if Bush rapped."
43. Em's other celebrity neighbor in his new Oakland hood is Aretha Franklin.
44. Em received $3 Million for his 8 Mile role.
45. The other members of D12 thought that Proof will be the one to blow up first amongst their group and that they never
thought in a million years that Em will be the one since Em's quiet and shy.
46. Em has a double. His name is Joe Pace aka 'Partial Mathers' and he's 19 years old. He has toured with Em at the Anger
Management Tour and was a part of the 'vanishing' act. He's also performed with Em at the 2002 Mtv Movie awards wearing the
'Rap Boy' costume. He also works as a decoy and does camera-blocking sessions for Em's videos.
47. Luis Resto calls Em's style of production as 'Classical Hip-Hop' because of Em's penchant for using live instruments
and minimal sampling.
48. Most people do a lead track and another ad-lib track to fill in words but Em's totally unique because he layers each
song. He does his main vocals then right under it he makes an angry track (same as the main vocals but angry), a yelling track
and sometimes a soft, whispering track.
49. Universal and Interscope have originally agreed for Em to use 'Cleanin out my Closet' as the theme for 8 Mile that's
why it was used in the 1st trailer. But Em thought that, 'it was too personal to use for the movie.' The studios were upset
and thought that COMC was the greatest song they've heard and thought that Em can't make a better one. Then Em made 'Lose
50. Em did all the three verses of Lose Yourself in one take.
51. "Hailie's Song" was supposed to contain an interpolation from George Harrison's "While My Guitar Gently
Weeps" but George's widow retracted George's permission. Em had to redo the whole song.
52. It was Dr. Dre who convinced Em to include Hailie's Song on TES. Dre played the song to two of his female friends
and when they cried he was convinced that it should be included on Em's new album. Em had originally planned on just keeping
the track in a safe for Hailie to listen to when she grows up. He was embarassed to have it released at first.
53. Em called on Craig G (of the original Juice Crew) to co-write with him all the rhymes that was recited on 8 Mile.
54. Em's relatives used to call him 'Mickey' when he was a baby because he had big ears.
55. Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine were backstage at the Oscars when Em won. They were there for their boy even if Em wasn't
56. Eminem's favorite drink is Mountain Dew.
57. It had been Eminem's dream since he was 16 to sample Aerosmith's Dream On, his dream came true on the track Sing for
58. The song playing in the background of the skit The Kiss (The Eminem Show) is actually called Everyone's Looking At
Me. The track was originally meant to be featured on The Wash soundtrack, but didnt make the cut.
59. Hailie came up with the hook to My Dad's Gone Crazy. While Eminem was mixing Soldier, Hailie was there playing and
said "Somebody please help me".
60. Some of Eminem's favorite movies are How High?, Orange County, and The Matrix.
61. Eminem's 99 purple Mustang 2 was sold online for $27,900.
62. Em wears size 10½ shoes.
63. To record '97 Bonnie and Clyde Em told Kim he was taking Hailie to Chuck E. Cheese.
64. The shady one attends public community meetings and even lets kids in the neighborhood play basketball at his house.
65. Eminem's tattoo artist is Mr. Cartoon, he's located in California.
66. Em used to spend hours at night studying the dictionary so that he could expand his vocabulary for his ryhmes.
67. Eminem originally wanted to become a comic-book artist.
68. Kim has a twin sister named Dawn
69. Eminem gave his manager Paul Rosenberg one of the Grammys that he won in 2000
70. The cast Eminem is wearing in Fight Music is due to an injury Em's sustained whilst trying to fix his house.
71. The guy dressed as a cactus that in Purple Hills video is also in the beginning of the Without Me video clip.
72. E M I N E M is left-handed. ~ E M I N E M is left-handed.
73. EM cuts his own hair.
74. EM wishes he had a Taco Bell in his backyard cuz he likes it so much. He likes the beef burrito and
beef chalupa. Some of his other favorite fast food places are Burger King, McDonald's, & Wendy's.
75.EM's favorite drink is Mountain Dew.
76.EM had been wanting 2 sample Aerosmith's "Dream On" since he was 16 or 17. Proof reminded
him about it and EM sampled it for "Sing For The Moment".
77.EM's 2003 MTV Movie Award speech was inspired by Comedy Central's Crank Yankers (TV
78.The name of the song playing in the background of The Kiss (skit on The Eminem Show) is called
"Everyone's Looking At Me." It was a song that EM recorded 4 The Wash soundtrack, but never
79.EM was embarrased 2 release "Hailie's Song" at first.
80.EM takes Hailie 2 Chuck E. Cheese every Friday night.
81.EM sometimes treats his extended family by taking them all out to dinner and a movie.
82.Hailie plays video games and colors while EM records in the studio. She came up w/the hook to
"My Dad's Gone Crazy" one day-while EM was mixing "Soldier"-she was there playing around and
said "Somebody please help him!" LoL
83.EM hung out with Jay-Z at his record release party in NY till 3am.
84.EM likes to play arcades at his house. He has Popeye, Dig Dug, and Ms. Pacman.
85.EM watches Dora the Explorer, Hey Arnold, and the Powerpuff Girls whith Hailie.
86. Some of EM's favorite movies are How High?, Orange County, and The Matrix.
87. EM wears glasses.
88.EM leases a Mercedes Benz. EM traded in his '99 purple Mustang 2 to Russ Milne Ford Inc of
Macomb, Michigan, and the car was later auctioned off online 4 for $27,900.
89.EM's favorite color is light blue.
90.EM's shoe size is 10 1/2.
91.EM likes shopping at K-Mart, but is mad cuz he can't go as much cuz of his fame.
92. Tom Green and South Park make him laugh like crazy.
93.When EM writes his lyrics, he starts at the corner of the paper and writes downward instead of
writing on the lines.
94. To record "Just the Two of Us" w/Hailie in the studio, (now known as "Bonnie and Clyde '97") EM
told Kim he was gonna take Hailie to Chuck E. Cheese.
95.EM got his Rolex watch from Jimmy Iovine, the head of Interscope Records. 1 day, he was playing
around and started complaining about how Kid Rock got a Rolex for Christmas and all he got was
some free CDs to give to his cousins. So yeah, they gave EM a Rolex and he was happily surprised.
96.EM attends public community meetings and even lets kids in the neighborhood play basketball at
97.EM's 8 year old niece,Lainie is a big influence on Hailie. He says that she and Hailie feed off of
each other because Hailie learns a lot from her.
98.EM’s major influences growing up were his uncle Ronnie, the Beastie Boys, LL Cool J, 2 Live
Crew, Run DMC, and 3rd Bass.
99.According 2 his mom, EM used 2 have a security blanket named "woobie."
100.EM's uncle Ronnie bought him his 1st rap album, the "Breakin'" soundtrack. The album also
inspired him to become the expert breakdancer he is today.
101.EM has a total of 10 tattoos. He has an E M I N E M tattoo on his upper right arm, a picture of
Hailie right above it that says Bonnie & Clyde underneath it, a vertical Hailie Jade tattoo on the
back of his right arm, a D near his right elbow (the 1st part of his D-12 tattoo), a 12 near his left
elbow, a tribal sign on his left wrist that he got in memory of Bugz (a former member of D-12 that
passed away), a Slim Shady tattoo complete with mushrooms on his upper left arm, a Ronnie RIP
tattoo that’s right under the Slim Shady one, a Kim Rot In Pieces tattoo on his torso, and a Slit Me
tattoo on his right wrist.
102.The name of EM's tattoo artist is Mr. Cartoon-who is located in California.
103.EM and Dido had never met until the "Stan" video and the 1st time the 2 performed the song
2gether was on SNL.
104.EM was in a couple of groups before he decided to go solo in 1997. Some of the groups included:
Bassment Productions, the New Jacks, and Soul Intent. 1 of these groups would perform wearing ski
masks and sweat suits. When they finished their set, they would “unmask” themselves.
105.EM fell in love with rap when he 1st heard Ice-T’s “Reckless” & started writing
rhymes when he
was 12 years old.
106.EM would spend hours at night studying the dictionary so that he could expand his vocabulary for
107.EM still gets nervous before going on stage.
108.EM worked for a factory called Gibbs Machinery when he was 16. He had a lot of odd jobs
(sweeping floors, taking out the trash) and also worked at Little Ceaser's pizza.
109.EM was a short-order cook at a restaurant called Gilbert's Lodge in St. Claire Shores, Michigan.
Whenever he had some lyrics he needed to write down, he'd write them on some receipts. He also
used to write his lyrics in pencil on the wall above his bed, but his mom got really pissed cuz the paint
came off after trying to erase them. When his friends came to eat, he would also rap things off the
menu to them.
110.EM was really quiet at school and had a hard time making friends, but started becoming more
social in the 8th grade. He used to spend his free time watching TV and reading comic books.
111.Before EM heard rap, he wanted to be a comic book artist.
112.EM’s idea of splurging is spending $500 or $600 at Nike Town. He’s not used to having so much
money and doesn’t really know what to do with it.
113.EM and Kim used to live in all black neighborhoods, so they would usually meet each other half way
or at the railroad tracks to avoid harm. EM would usually get beat up on the way there and even got
shot at once.
114.Dre discovered EM after finding his demo tape on the floor of his studio. Then after EM won 2nd
place in the Rap Olympics, he decided to sign him to his label.
115.EM has his own record label-Shady Records & has D-12, Obie Trice, & 50 Cent signed to it.
116.EM’s favorite collaboration with Dre is “Forgot About Dre,” but both of them say that
even come close to the best that they can do on a record.
117.EM and Dre got the idea for “Guilty Conscience” ‘s second verse from the movie “Animal
118.Kim has a twin sister named Dawn.
119.EM gave Paul Rosenberg one of the Grammys that he won in 2000.
120.Paul "Bunyan" Rosenberg has been EM’s mananger since 1995.
121.EM feels that he can’t trust anybody that he meets because the thinks that they are just trying to
befriend him because he’s famous. He likes to keep in touch with his circle of friends who know him
as Marshall Mathers.
122.The background for “Kim” was on a 1983 episode of “Growing Pains.”
123.EM considers himself to be a “happy individual” even though a lot of people think he’s
24/7. He says that writing lyrics is his way of venting.
124.The 4 recorded dates for EM getting beat up by D'Angelo Bailey were: October 15, 1981-Marshall
got beat up, was bruised, got the wind knocked out of him, had nausea, abnormal sleepiness, and had
injuries toward his lips and tongue. November 14, 1981-Marshall suffered another beating during
recess, but had sleeplessness, vomiting, nightmares, and antisocial behavior. December 21, 1981-
Marshall suffered yet another beating with injuries toward his face, head, back, and legs. January 13,
1982-Marshall was intentionally hit with a snowball containing a heavy object, was mainly wounded
severely while lying on the ground and eventually went into a coma and an intermittent loss of vision
in his right eye and an intermittent loss of hearing. (This info was based on official legal documents
because the Mathers family tried to sue the school board, but lost).
125.EM says that D'Angelo was the biggest kid in school and he was the smallest. EM claims he still
sees a white dot in his right eye from time to time.
More Eminem "did you know"'s
> Eminem started walking at eleven months
> He is left handed
> Eminem wears glasses
> As a young boy, Eminem had crush on Madonna
> Eminem failed ninth grade three times before dropping out in 1989
> Em was 14 when he wrote his first rap song and he wrote it to LL Cool
J's "I'm Bad."
> He finds Tom Green and South Park hilarious
> Eminem has two half brothers: Nathan, 14 and Michael, 23. He also has
a half sister named
Sarah who is 21.
> Eminem's great-great-great grandmother, Alisa MacAllister, was
> Eminem's mother is Scandinavian and his father's family is from the
South of Wales.
> When Eminem was younger, he would often come up with rhymes while
trying to fall asleep.
In order to remember them, he used to write them above his bed in
pencil. Once, while he
was trying to rub one of his rhymes off, he accidentally scraped the
> The night before the Rap Olympics, Eminem had to break into his own
home because he
was evicted. He had to sleep on the floor of a house with no heating or
> In the video for "My Name Is," Eminem was not supposed to get hit in
the face with the
newspaper at the beginning and he wasn't supposed to fall of the chair.
They were both
accidents but the directors decided to keep them in the video.
> His new watch was given to him by Interscope after Em joked about the
presents they'd given him
> Although Eminem likes playing basketball, his friends say he can't
dribble the ball
> The Marshall Mathers LP was originally going to be titled Amsterdam
> Eminem hates it when people spell Hailie's name wrong
> Eminem's shoe size is 10.5